Red wine DOC COF
Intense ruby red in colour with violet reflections.
Excellent fluidity in the glass. Its smell strikes for its reminiscence of red fruits (blueberry, cherry and cassis blackberry) and spices (nutmeg, black pepper, cloves, vanilla and chocolate), which always return in different ways, overlapping one another and making the tasting more and more fascinating.
On the palate Zeus is severe, with a nice personality that slowly sinks and stimulates those perceptions previously recognized in a lively and persistent manner that draws one back to drinking.
This is not a wine made for stunning but for conquering with its tonality, its being spicy and its elegance; when one tastes it, one gets caught in a whole of elegant and powerful sensations.
It is a wine suitable for medium and long ageing. In its first years it goes best with red meats (deer, chamois and wild boar) and hard cheeses. After 6-10 year ageing, it is excellent with chocolate as well.
- Dry red wine
- Type of grapes: Schioppettino - Refosco dal peduncolo rosso - Merlot
- Harvesting season: third decade of September thru the first and second decade of October
- Harvesting method: manual and in crates
- Vinification: maceration in small wooden vats for 15-22 days
- Refining: refining and malolactic fermentation in new barriques for 22 months.